Shades of Comfort
Whether you run a pub, bar or restaurant, your customers can enjoy wining and dining outside year round
For many, there's nothing quite like enjoying a delicious meal or drink out in the fresh air. And whether you own a pub, bar or restaurant, an outdoor awning (or canopy as they're sometimes called) can revolutionise your offering, allowing customers to take in the sunshine and great outdoors.
The weather in the United Kingdom can be unpredictable, often making it difficult to use outdoor spaces. Awnings for hospitality businesses help make your outdoor space usable, no matter what the weather is like.
Awnings are an inexpensive way to extend your business into the open air. Whether you're trying to attract customers during the winter or summer months, an outdoor canopy can increase your capacity by providing a shaded and covered area for those who enjoy dining 'al fresco'.
Awnings can also make the inside of your business more comfortable and reduce the need for air conditioning, saving you money and helping you to achieve a green reputation. They're also a great way to market your business from the street, as they can attract customers from a distance.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide the finest craftsmanship and outstanding design solutions for awnings of all sizes. We tailor each awning to your needs and can provide the perfect solution for whatever your business needs.
Our hospitality range includes Box, Cassetted, Drop Arm or Dutch Awnings or Canopies as they are sometimes called.
Awnings are used by restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs because they're cost-effective, easy to install and use, and require low maintenance. The awnings can be overprinted with your branding and the colours chosen to match your corporate colours.
We offer an extensive range of awnings, with over 40 frame colours and hundreds of fabric options to choose from. We can help you find the perfect awning for your pub or restaurant. We also offer a variety of heating and lighting solutions that can help make your outdoor space more comfortable no matter the weather.
Dutch Awnings are so called, because they first became popular in Holland. All of Shades of Comfort Dutch Awnings or Dutch Canopies are made to measure and manufactured to your requirements. They are ideal for where a heavier awning is not practical or where you are looking to achieve a traditional look and feel. A Dutch Awning can be fixed or retractable. Where they are retractable, they can come either with a pull cord, crank or a remote controlled electric motor.
Twin Fixed Awnings
Twin Fixed Awnings are a free-standing support structure that allows you to fit awnings on both sides to shade especially large open spaces. With this product, no walls are required to attach the awnings, and the awnings themselves can be opened individually as and when needed. Removable stone bases give the structure its sturdiness and flexibility; or the structure can be ground mounted. These awnings are particularly popular with the hospitality side to retail.
Drop Arm Awnings
Drop Arm Awnings are a very traditional canopy which are totally bespoke to suit any building. Not only do we supply & install new drop arm awnings, but we can also supply recovers for the canopies too. The Drop Arm Awning projection can be adjusted to any angle so that it provides a visually appealing look as well as shading.
Cassette Awnings are an enclosed awning where the roller, fabric cover and arms are completely protected and stored in a closed cassette when retracted. Fully cassetted awnings are a popular choice for the protection they provide, prolonging the life and the look of all the elements. Cassette Awnings can be manual or motorised to suit any building type.
Box Awnings are folding awnings that close into a protective pre-made case or box. When the awning is closed, the cassette box protects the cover and the mechanical parts against the elements. These are particularly popular with our retail customers.
How to look after your awnings
Why choose Shades of Comfort for your awning?
- We’re experts in awnings, but we also design and manufacture a wide range of commercial outdoor solutions. We work with some of the leading hotel, pub, bar, coffee shops and restaurant chains as well as everything from theme parks, hospitals and even zoos.
- We work with a range of manufacturers and utilise bot electric and manual awnings, so you can be sure that the product we recommend is the best for your requirements.
- Our aim is to be a quality company that provides an exceptional experience. We guarantee our products and offer the best aftercare service in the marketplace, ensuring that your awning gives you many years of trouble-free use.
- You can choose from a variety of colours to create a look that suits you.
- Our fabrics offer the highest level of UV protection as well as latest self-cleaning technology.
- We have a variety of lighting and heating options to complement your awning.
- For several years, Shades of Comfort has held ISO 9001 accreditation. This means you can rest assured that we have quality control systems in place.
- Our installers are friendly and experienced. They will minimise any mess and disruption, and they will show you how to operate the product.
- We offer an all encompassing hassle free, supply and install service.
The benefits of an awning for your restaurant or bar
- The addition of awnings to your outside space can provide protection from the sun, as well as shelter from rain. This makes it more likely that your customers will stay longer, enhancing your revenues.
- Keeping the sun from shining directly on your windows or doors helps to keep your establishment cooler, reducing your need for air conditioning and lowering your energy bills. It also reduces your carbon footprint and helps you be more environmentally friendly.
- Extends your outdoor season, increasing your overall capacity.
- They are low maintenance, easy to keep clean and easy to use.
- Awnings can protect your external furniture and internal carpets and upholstery from bleaching in the sun.
- We can make our awning models to any size and shape to fit your outside space perfectly.
- If used in a windy area, our awnings can be fitted with a motion sensor which will retract the awning if the winds get too strong for the awning to be out (only available on motorised awnings, not manual)
Contact us today to arrange a visit from one of our awning experts and your no obligation quotation or give us a call on 01452 307999
Shades of Comfort