Shades of Comfort
Let your pubs customers experience the joys of drinking and dining outside, all year round
If ever there was time that we have come to really value our outside space, then this is it. This applies even more so to hospitality businesses in these challenging times.
The difficulty of course with the UK is that the weather can all too often, make this space un-usable, whether that be from those all too infrequent days when it is too hot, to the far more common days when it is raining. Increasing revenues is the number one priority for most hospitality businesses and awnings help you achieve this goal.
Awnings are a cost effective and simple way of extending the capacity of your business immediately adjacent to your buildings, by providing a shaded and covered outside area for customers, protected from the sun and rainfall. This increases your capacity all year round but also extends your peak periods and seasons. This is particularly so when an awning is combined with our heating and lighting solutions.
Awnings can also make inside areas more comfortable and reduce the extent to which you need to use air conditioning inside your business, cutting costs and enhancing your green credentials.
In a high street scenario, awnings are of course an eye-catching marketing platform that allows your premises to be spotted from a distance.
We pride ourselves on the fact that each of our awnings bring you the finest craftsmanship and outstanding design values. Each awning is totally tailored to your requirements and will provide a professional and eye-catching solution for whatever the scale of your project.
Our hospitality range includes Box, Cassetted, Drop Arm or Dutch Awnings or canopies as they are sometimes called.
Awnings are a popular choice with pubs, bars, cafes, restaurants, hotels and other hospitality businesses because of their cost effectiveness, speed of installation and the ease of use and low maintenance.
Here at Shades of Comfort we have an extensive range of awnings, with over 40 colours of frame and hundreds of fabric colours to choose from we can provide you with the awning that suits and compliments its environment. The awnings can be overprinted with your branding and the colours chosen to match your corporate colours. We also supply a range of accessories to provide extra protection and durability, heat and lighting solutions.
Dutch Awnings are so called, because they first became popular in Holland. All of Shades of Comfort Dutch Awnings or Dutch Canopies are made to measure and manufactured to your requirements. They are ideal for where a heavier awning is not practical or where you are looking to achieve a traditional look and feel. A Dutch Awning can be fixed or retractable. Where they are retractable, they can come either with a pull cord, crank or a remote controlled electric motor.
Twin Fixed Awnings
Twin Fixed Awnings are a free-standing support structure that allows you to fit awnings on both sides to shade especially large open spaces. With this product, no walls are required to attach the awnings, and the awnings themselves can be opened individually as and when needed. Removable stone bases give the structure its sturdiness and flexibility; or the structure can be ground mounted. These awnings are particularly popular with the hospitality side to retail.
Drop Arm Awnings
Drop Arm Awnings are a very traditional canopy which are totally bespoke to suit any building. Not only do we supply & install new drop arm awnings, but we can also supply recovers for the canopies too. The Drop Arm Awning projection can be adjusted to any angle so that it provides a visually appealing look as well as shading.
Cassette Awnings are an enclosed awning where the roller, fabric cover and arms are completely protected and stored in a closed cassette when retracted. Fully cassetted awnings are a popular choice for the protection they provide, prolonging the life and the look of all the elements. Cassette Awnings can be manual or motorised to suit any building type.
Box Awnings are folding awnings that close into a protective pre-made case or box. When the awning is closed, the cassette box protects the cover and the mechanical parts against the elements. These are particularly popular with our retail customers.
How to look after your awnings
Why choose Shades of Comfort for your awning?
- We specialise in awnings and are used by many leading hotel, pub and coffee shop chains as well as everything from theme parks, stately homes, leisure chains, shopping centres, hospitals and even zoos.
- We are not tied to any one manufacturer, so you can be assured that the product we recommend is the best one for your needs. Our range includes electric and manual awnings.
- Shades of Comfort’s ethos is to be a quality company providing quality products. Guarantees on products we install are some of the best in the marketplace, and our aftercare servicing to meet your needs ensures your awning will give you many years of trouble-free use.
- You can create your own look with a wide range of colour options.
- Our awning fabrics offer the highest level of UV protection as well as the latest self-cleaning technology.
- We have a range of lighting and heating options to accompany your awning to extend your use even further.
- Shades of Comfort have held ISO 9001 accreditation for several years now giving you added re-assurance about our quality control systems we have in place.
- Our highly experienced installers will minimise any mess and disruption and will demonstrate to you, how to operate the product.
- We offer an all encompassing hassle free, supply and install service.
What are the benefits of a Shades of Comfort awning?
- UV protection and more comfortable use of your outside space in the summer. They also provide a sheltered outside space when it is raining. In both cases this makes it much more likely that your customers will stay longer, enhancing your revenues.
- Helps keep the inside of your property cooler as it prevents sun from shining directly on windows or doors, reducing air conditioning usage, cutting costs, reducing your carbon footprint and enhancing your green credentials.
- Extends the amount of the year in which you can enjoy your outside space and increases your capacity.
- They are low maintenance, easy to keep clean and easy to use.
- Awnings can also help protect your external furniture and your internal furniture and carpets from bleaching.
- Most of our awning models are bespoke and made to measure sizes which ensures you are guaranteed the perfect fit for your outside space.
- If used in a windy area, our awnings can be fitted with a motion sensor which will retract the awning if the winds get too strong for the awning to be out (only available on motorised awnings, not manual)
Contact us today to arrange a visit from one of our awning experts and your no obligation quotation or give us a call on 01452 307999
Shades of Comfort