Shades of Comfort
Shade where you want it …
Shade sails are fabric structures like a ship's sail, hung from anchor points to create an area of shade outdoors. Our versatile innovative, stylish sails are a perfect addition to school playgrounds or playing fields, college or university outside spaces or indeed for playgroups or nurseries.
Our sails are available in a wide range of shapes, sizes and colours with or without branding. The choice of colours means that they complement the existing school colour scheme. The design possibilities are almost endless. Shades of Comfort Shade Sails are easily adjustable and constructed with high quality materials.
Shades of Comfort shade sails come with a range of fitting options including an in-ground Sleeve System, Deck Plates and Wall Fixings. We also offer accessories such as heating or lighting.
There are many benefits to shade sails in an educational setting, here are just some:
- They are one of the most flexible and affordable shading solutions.
- They create a space for outdoor dining, recreation or indeed lessons. Research by Learning through Landscapes found that over 83% of schools reported that better grounds and practice led to more active play, better quality of play, more social interaction and more enjoyment of break time.
- Pupils can play outside more regularly.
- They add a focal point to the area and are visually appealing to children.
- Parents can wait sheltered at the end of the day to collect their child.
- They require very little maintenance and are easy to clean.
- They can be easily taken down in the winter when they are no longer required.
- One major benefit, is they provide UV protection which can be critical for skin protection – a must in the education sector. Children spend almost half their childhood at school, with approximately eight hours per week spent outdoors. During the hotter months of the year children are exposed to UV radiation from the sun, the majority of which is when UV penetration is at its strongest. UK Government advice is that children should spend time in the shade, particularly from 11am to 3pm. Children’s skin is much more sensitive than adult skin, and damage caused by repeated exposure to sunlight could lead to skin cancer developing in later life.
- The 2005 House of Commons Education and Skills Committee report, ‘Education Outside the Classroom’ concluded that “school grounds are a vital resource for learning” and that… “capital projects [should] devote as much attention to the ‘outdoor classroom’ as to the innovative design of buildings and indoor space”.
Our versatile innovative, stylish sails are a perfect addition to gardens, hotel and restaurant terraces, school playgrounds and various other external seating areas, such as for hospitals, shops and offices.
One major benefit, is they provide UV protection which can be critical for skin protection – a must in the education sector.
Our sails are available in a wide range of shapes, sizes and colors with or without company branding.
Expert advice and installation
Having worked on many shade sail installations our team are ideally placed to offer you advice on designs, practical issues and the ideal solution for your educational setting. Shades of comfort installation service comes with the added piece of mind that we are ISO 9001 accredited and continually look to improve our quality control management systems.
Contact us today for your FREE visit and a no obligation quotation or give us a call on 01452 307999
Shades of Comfort